Pages

25 November 2010

Happy Turkey Day!

Otherwise known as get up early on your day off and cook day.

I hope everyone has had a nice, warm, filling, happy, stress free (or mostly stress free) day with good food and good family (and/or friends).

We hosted and had Barb and Alan (Robert's parents) and our new neighbors (that are awesome) over for dinner.  My inlaws inlaws (Alan's parents and his grandma) were supposed to join us, but a surprise snow fall and a surprise flu bug kept them home. 

The turkey cooked faster than it was supposed to so my relax meandering plan for cooking dinner turned into get everything done ASAP! But it all worked out well and everything was soooo good. That's right, I rock Thanksgiving dinner. Booyah!

I'd like to share this poem/prayer that I recieved in a letter from my employer that seems to really fit the holiday.

Acknowledgement.
I wonder if the river ever despairs of its downward destiny,
and harbors a secret desire to flow uphill.
I wonder if winter yearns to be summer,
or if a flower wishes it could bloom out of season.
I wonder if silence would like to shout,
or if the sky wants to fall down and become earth.
I wonder if the bird longs to become a rabbit,
or if the fish ever dreams of walking on the land.
I wonder if the mountains envy the valleys,
or if snow secretly covets the warmth of June.
I wonder if the moon complains that it is not the sun,
or if the stars envy the earth.
I wonder if rain prefers a cloudless sky,
or if grass tires of green and hopes for blue.
I wonder if spring really likes growing,
or if fall rages against its colorful dying.
I wonder if the world ever sighs after more than it is...just like you and I.
Spirit of life, we struggle against our limitations. 

Teach us to accept them.
~Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a