Pages

16 November 2010

Final games - A tomb of a blog post...

I totally lied in my last post. There were also games on 10-16-10. They all just start blurring together.  It's madness I tell you, MADNESS!

I really enjoy watching the kids in sports and REALLY REALLY enjoy the benefits they get from them, but at the end of the season I.am.sports'd.out. I'm tired of practice schedules and game schedules and running around. I'm especially tired of rushing to get dinner done and in them in the 30 minutes I have from the time I get off work and the time it is too late for them to eat because they need to digest a bit or they will end up puking during their practice. And dinner after practice just isn't an option for us. Late dinners interfere with bedtimes and we are strong believers that kids should have VERY reasonable bedtimes. This year Carus graduated from 8 pm to 8:30 pm and Adam from 8:30 to 9 pm. That way they receive all the rest their growing bodies and minds (especially the minds) need and they do well behaviorally and academically in school and out of school the next day. It helps mommy not go insane.  It's also nice to have some alone time with Robert in the evenings.

SIDE BAR:  Forgot to do a Adam's broken tooth update!

So update on Adam's tooth - all gooood news.  It's a baby tooth that is broken because it is getting pushed out by an aggressively growing in adult tooth. All looks good and, even though I can never get the kid to brush his teeth properly or even just brush them, he has NO cavities. YAY!

10/16/2010
Adam's game: won 2 touchdowns to 0
Carus's game: lost 3 to 1

10-16-10 (18)

10-16-10 (2)

HA! Kid got air!

10/23/2010
Carus's final game
Carus (last game) lost 6-2.  They were a VERY tough team and we did amazing against them. There was passing (which was something the girls had trouble with), but these guys were just a bit better than us. 

10-23-10 (7)

Adam lost 4-1.
10-23-10 (32)

10/30/2010
Adam's final game

We played the Jerky Dad team again, but Jerky Dad was behaving and things felt a little less aggressive. 

Unfortunately we lost 3 touchdowns to 1.

10-30-10 (14)

It was raining so there were a lot of times the boys on both sides dropped the ball, but occasionally the ball was stripped - this time my son did it. Adam is in the gold jersey on top of the kid in the black that just lost that ball in front of his helmet. The rest of the sequence to that play can be found on my Flickr.

Football 2010

And all the soccer pictures I uploaded are here:

Soccer 2010

I might add more pictures from the games to those folders over time, but not sure when or how many. I try to avoid pictures of other peoples' kids (that are very identifiable)...

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good mom! Love you, Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a