Pages

04 September 2014

Outlander - Episode 3 - The Way Out

***Spoilers ahead - kind of.  If you haven't read the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon and want to, you might not want to continue reading.  If you've read the books, you know what's going to happen...the show is one interpretation. ***

***Outlander follows the story of Claire Randall, a married combat nurse from 1945 who is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743, where she is immediately thrown into an unknown world where her life is threatened.  When she is forced to marry Jamie, a chivalrous and romantic young Scottish warrior, a passionate affair is ignited that tears Claire's heart between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.*** 

You can watch the first episode for free until June 2015 on Starz play.  Other episodes are only available with a Starz subscription.

Most of my "review" is written live while watching the episode and then edited for clarity.

A 1943 goodbye between Frank and Claire.  Nice little glimpse into Claire's stubbornness and empathy.

What.  Wait, huh?!  I knew they were going to tweak things, but telling Mrs. Fitz?

Oh, hahahahaha. It was her imagination.  Phew.

It was nice to see her working in her surgery.  Poor Angus and Rufus (I believe that's who it is) are so bored.  At least they have an excuse to get drunk, huh. Ha.

I like Colum's fortitude on insisting he not be treated as less than.  At that time I'm sure those who were deformed where not treated kindly.

You know Colum, you might want to ask if she wants to massage you *before* you take your pants off.

Claire is being all nice to Loaghaire and encouraging of her crush.  She's really trying to include Loaghaire and direct his attention to her. And Jamie just belittles Loaghaire all over the place. Poor Loaghaire.

Claire is drunk, again.  I'd like to try that Rhenish.  *Snort* And another dis to Loaghaire (when Jamie handed the glass to her to return).

Jamie is flirting with Claire again...and she is flirting right back. Ha! The closed captioning just said "intimate music" when Claire got up to look at Jamie's bandages and get all close to him.  I know they aren't supposed to kiss yet, but yet I was really waiting for it.

Carus and I are admiring the knitted cowls and gloves.  I've heard someone will be making patterns for the show.  I hope so.

I wonder if I could be as diplomatic to that priest as Claire was.  Nope. Probably not and I'd be burnt as a witch.

Oops, Jamie didn't want Claire to see him snogging Loaghaire. Her teasing Jamie at dinner is adorable.

In the village at Geillis's house.  Dun, dun, dun. Her manipulation of her husband really shows how conniving she is. And her nonchalance about it shows her callousness. Her irritation about interruption of interviewing Claire is suspicious.

Jamie is smitten; willing to do anything Claire asks him.  She has a good 'faint'. There they go flirting again around the Black Kirk.

Father Bain is a turd bucket. I love Mrs. Fitz, so much. Especially for telling that priest off.

Yay! Claire saved the boy! Too bad the Father isn't happy about it.

Jamie is so stinking adorable - "didn't you see me waving?"

Another great ending hearing the legend of a time traveler like Claire.  Could she go back 'home' too?

* * * * *

What did you think of the episode? Do you want to smush Father Bain too? Do you think there is chemistry between Jamie and Claire yet?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a