Pages

04 May 2009

Book club

Our next book for book club was Twilight.

The book was good. I am officially completely miffed about how much the movie sucked!

I don't like the actress that played Bella, she changed the character way too much and I don't like the directing AT ALL! I have NO experience and could've done a better job!

While the book didn't feel like a cheesy teenager story, the movie did way too much. I am just too disappointed in it, so I will stop talking about it. Okay, just one more time, the movie stunk!

Okay, back to the book. It was good, I felt it was well written, and kept me turning the page. I'm definitely hooked and ready to start reading New Moon.

Incidently, I kinda got myself kicked out of the book club - or quit it - when I stood up for myself and didn't let the organizer continue to bash me, my husband, or my kids because she has a guilty conscious about being morally inept and so I'm open for a new book club. Maybe I will just start one of my own...hmm

Since I'm without a club I'm going to continue the series on my own and I didn't even have to try too hard to talk Robert into letting me buy it. I said I found a good deal online and he asked, well is it too much more in town so you don't have to wait for it or pay shipping? So, I'm off to Target after work...okay after I make dinner and will pick up New Moon and maybe Eclipse. I have that order correct, right?

Adam has asked if he can read it, and after talking with Robert and asking Facebook, I'm going to let him. I was slightly concerned about the 'intimate' situations between Bella and Edward, but there's nothing real major so I think we'll be good. He probably knows more about those situations than I think he does anyways.

I will be reading the rest of the series before him and deciding on a book-by-book basis if he can read it - but since it is a preteen/teen fave, I'm pretty sure he will get to read them all.

Also, any book suggestions for him, let me know. He has read the Harry Potter series like 7 times and isn't taking my suggestions of Where the Red Fern Grows and To Kill a Mockingbird (I want to get some classics in him as well as newbies) - Maybe he will listen to you better than me, apparently I don't know anything.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck on starting your own book club. I wanted to do that here too, but haven't got the courage yet.

    You have the order right. I hope you like them...for some reason I thought you already read all of them...dumb me. But the movie did suck, way too juvenile. But books are ALWAYS better than the movies, so I didn't have much hope.

    As for Adam...I have a list I can email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be a little heavy, but try to get him to read "The Count of Monte Cristo" and "The Three Muskiteers", I'm sure that's spelled wrong. Anyway they are great books and I'm sure in the library. Gramps

    ReplyDelete

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a