Pages

12 September 2010

First games

Saturday was the first games for both Adam and Carus.

Adam had his jamboree, which is pretty much getting a few teams together and scrimmaging.  It isn't a full football game and they don't "technically" keep score.  It is good for learning each boys' strengths and weaknesses and gets them more worked up for their next game. Plus it's just fun.
Jamboree 2010

Doesn't he look so much older?  He's #87 there in the middle.

Adam's team won 1 of their 3 scrimmages.  I, unfortunately, didn't get to see much. I had to run home for my camera lens during half of the first game, but got to watch the second half. 
Jamboree 2010

Then was only able to watch a couple plays of the second game before it was time to leave to get to Carus's game.  Robert and I were hoping we wouldn't have to split up the kids games, but I guess it's inevitable with both of them in sports. 
Jamboree 2010

Going over the rest of the game schedules we think we will be okay for the most part with a just few endings/beginnings missed; and we are alternating.

And I got a text right before Carus's game started - Adam assisted in sacking the quarterback. He's a lineman and apparently this is a BIG thing for him to do - AND he was super excited about it (as well as his team and coaches).

Carus's first game was an actual game and not a scrimmage; however, at her age they don't keep track of each teams' wins and losses.

Carus's first soccer game

OH.MY.GOD!  Her soccer games are so freakin' exciting to watch! I can't concentrate on taking pictures and cheering for her at the same time. And poor Robert. He called once Adam's games were over to get directions to the field and I couldn't give them to him coherantly. Luckily he had an idea where he was going and I was able to give enough to get him there in time to see most of the second half.

Carus's first soccer game

She is sort of hidden by her teamate in this photo. She has her hands up in the air celebrating the goal she just kicked. SHE SCORED! FIRST GOAL OF THE GAME IN THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON!! YEEAAAHH!!! GO CARUS!

Carus's first soccer game

They said the game was a tie game - 2 to 2 because the last goal scored didn't count because of a technicality of some sort. Sorry, don't know all the rules...

HOWEVER, by my count we got 4 goals. So if that last goal didn't count then we were 3 to 2. In my opinion - we won.
It was a great way to spend our Saturday morning.  If you want to see what we did Saturday evening and Sunday, go here to the previous post for a yard project update.

This week I go to football practice and Robert goes to soccer practice. 

Saturday Sept 18 games:

Adam - 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
Carus - 3:15 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a