Pages

23 July 2013

Another week down, another dollar earned

Or something.  I don't know.

Sometimes I just don't know what to use as a title so I write down the first second thing that pops into my head.

I'm in negotiations to photograph my first wedding.  YAY and EEP

It's an old coworker/friend that I messaged the other day after thinking of her and not hearing from her in awhile. Turns out she's getting married and hey, would I like to photograph it?  Funny how things happen sometimes.

197_365 07-16-13

197/365 Flowers in my front garden.  I think they're called gladiolas.

198_365 07-17-13

198/365 Bubble reflections.

199_365 07-18-13

199/365 Neighbor's hydrangea

200_365 07-19-13

200/365 Shasta daisy

201_365 07-20-13

201/365 Potato tower harvest!  I got about 5 pounds, which isn't bad for only planting 5 or 6 potatoes.  I still have the small hills I planted in the garden to harvest.

In other gardening news, I have potato beetles (look like green lady bugs) on my green beans as well as these little bitty grasshopper looking things.  We don't want to use chemicals on the garden so chemical pesticide is out.  I'm trying a homemade pesticide - I minced up a bunch of garlic (about 8 cloves) and put that and 2 tbsp of cayenne pepper in a quart sized canning jar of water and let it brew in the sun for a few hours.  Then strained it into a squirt bottle at a 1:4 ratio (1 part spicy garlic broth to 4 parts water) and squirted it on the plants.  After one treatment things are better; those bugs were bugging out.  (Ha ha ha, I crack myself up.)  But there are still some that toughed it out/came back/new guys moved in so I'll have to do it again...and again...

And, as Robert found out, don't stand downwind of this stuff while it's being sprayed.  Not only does it have a strong garlic smell, it is a bit like pepper spray (hello cayenne pepper).

202_365 07-21-13

202/365 Barb, Carus, and I went berry picking and I had more bowls than hands so for a bit I had a bowl hat.  We picked a few raspberries and much more blackberries.  I made a chocolate mayonnaise raspberry cake, and have frozen the blackberries for use in smoothies.

Getting out in the sun felt good, even though I didn't get enough sunscreen on my back and now have a sunburn. I spent a lot of time last week doing little to nothing trying to get my ankle better and I think I had a bit of cabin fever.  I love being home, but I also love doing things and going places. Sunday, when we went picking, my ankle was feeling pretty good and I wrapped it in an Ace bandage and took it easy.  It was a bit sore at the end of the day, but all in all not bad.  I'm trying not to get ahead of myself though...well further ahead of myself because I twisted my ankle just a teensy bit this evening going from my bedroom to the kitchen.  Don't ask me how because I don't even know. It's not bad, just reminding me that it's not 100% yet and I need to keep that in mind.

203_365 07-22-13

203/365 A rose from my just cause bouquet from Robert. Taken with a macro filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a