Pages

02 July 2013

LeakyCon

Oh, my.  Where to start?!

The conference kicked off with a 5K run/walk.  Carus and I participated, and walked it.  A friend with a distance tracking app on her phone said it was actually more like a 6K.  It was hot and muggy and I twisted my ankle halfway through (and continued to walk on it - a lot - for 4 days, which was probably not a good idea, but I wasn't missing anything I didn't have to miss).  Everyone we met were extremely friendly and kind.  There were amazing costumes and dedicated cosplayers.

Near the end of the 5K 6K, when we were hot and sweaty (did I mention how muggy it was Thursday; like 90% humidity) and ready to be done we came across a few dementors.  They were there to encourage us rather than suck out the energy; though it was a little disappointing they didn't provide a few cold spots.

06-27-13 (21)

Carus, being awesome on the walk with me.

06-27-13 (22)

I didn't know Portland had a Lover's Bridge (like Paris's Lover's Bridge).  Pretty cool if you ask me.
06-27-13 (13)

Fittie 5K slideshow:


These images can be seen on Flickr.  More LeakyCon photos on Flickr, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a