Pages

04 October 2011

Doing something I want

275/365 - Lately I've been feeling overwhelmed with all my "have to do's" and missing all my "want to do's". There's just not enough time in the day.  I haven't quilted anything in at least a year, haven't sewn much at all save a few repairs, haven't done knitting, crotcheting, drawing, painting, etc. I haven't really had much time to read either and in fact I've been working on the same book for more than a month - and not because I don't like it.

So now, I've been trying to make an effort to spend at least 15 minutes a day on something I want to do.

Yesterday it was quilting. I pulled out a quilt I had easy access too (most of my fabric is still packed away).  I started this Irish chain quilt around 5-6 years ago.  It's part machine piece and part hand applique.

Carus was helping chose squares for the next block.
275_365 10-03-11

276/365 - Carus says that she isn't feeling too well and she has a headache. I pulled out some Emergen-C hoping to stop what ever bug she is trying to get before it turns into a cold for everyone.
276_365 10-04-11 004

* * * * * *
Tonight I'm vegging out on the couch watching some of *my* shows without Robert's commentary about how it's stupid (maybe, but I'm easily amused so I'm okay with it being stupid) or it's too girlie (and I'm a girl that likes girlie shows or movies once in awhile, problems?) or something.  And I don't have to listen to the commentary BECAUSE he is out with friends for a bachelor party.  Yes, it's weird to have a bachelor party in the middle of the week, but the groom works weekends and Tuesday's are his Saturday.  And Robert is the best man so he kinda has to be at the party.

They have a party bus for the bar hopping so no worrying about drinking and driving (and I'm available to go pick him up if necessary).  It ain't happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a