Pages

15 April 2012

106:366

106_366 04-14-12

And that's just the prologue. 


I finally got around to starting The Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon today, and those are the first words I read today.  They just blew me away.

I've missed her.  She is my favorite author.  And not only have I missed her, but I've missed Jamie too.  (Jamie is one of the main characters of the Outlander series.)  Hopefully with this book and the part Jamie plays in it will help hold me over until the 8th book in the Outlander series comes out, Written With My Own Hearts Blood.  Last heard that book wasn't due out until sometime in 2013. Oh the patience needed...I need to just keep repeating to myself, "it will be worth it...it will be worth it...it will be worth it"

The delay in starting it was partly from waiting for it to become available from the library to check out, but mostly because I was working on finishing a series Adam had been trying to get me to read for about a year, The Rangers Apprentice by John Flanagan. It's a good young adult adventure series, by the way, and I recommend them if you A) like adventure series, B) are a young adult, C) like reading young adult series or D) haven't tried a young adult book/series since being a young adult.

*Photo taken with my phone, using the Instagram app.

1 comment:

  1. You really do need to try Robert Jordan's "Eye of the world" series. I think you might like it. I am not sure whether waiting for DG to finish "Written in my own heart's blood" or the work she is doing to write it is harder, but I can say I am seriously wanting it out. Like Right NOW!
    mom

    ReplyDelete

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a