Pages

11 January 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

11_365 01-11-10

We got had snow! There was promise, there still is promise, but right now it is just rain and melted the dusting we got from those flakes you see there in that photo... or might see. It kinda just showed up as swishes/blurs.  It might start snowing again later tonight, or it might just freeze over.  Either way, I'm expecting a snow day tomorrow... YAY - kids will be home. HA!

Dinner tonight was chicken and broccoli alfredo which turned out so good that Robert requested we write it down so we can replicate the results again.  But first the BBQ pork fried rice recipe that my awesome Aunt Pam has requested.

It works with chicken, pork, BBQ, and shrimp (although I haven't done shrimp). I've found the BBQ pork in the deli meat section and in the sausage section.

Fried Rice

1 cups cooked meat, chopped
1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots, steamed and drained
4 cups cooked rice, cold
2 eggs, scrambled
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
4 green onions, sliced
3 tbsp veggie oil
1/8 to 1/4 cup soy sauce
pinch of curry, pepper (to taste)

Heat oil in wok (or large pot) until hot.  Saute the green onions and garlic for 30 seconds then add the rice.  Break up any clumps of rice and stir to coat with oil.  Add the seasonings and soy sauce. Add the vegetables, meat, and scrambled eggs.

There ya go.

1 comment:

  1. We have chicken and broccoli alfredo like once a week. I also like peas and carrots with the chicken too. Its a fav!

    ReplyDelete

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a