Pages

06 January 2011

Mmmm yummy

6_365 01-06-11

Dinner tonight - Homemade BBQ pork fried rice

Also, I just made two batches of granola bars - chocolate chip and coconut chocolate chip (last batch I made 4 days ago was raisin).

Recipe?

Granola bars

2 cups oats
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 wheat germ or ground flax seed (or additional 1/2 cup flour)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup honey
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup (or maybe a bit more) your choice of one or more 'flavors' (raisins, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, almonds, pecans, dried cherries, coconut)

In bowl put all dry ingrediants. Add wet ingrediants.  Mix together.  Add flavor (a little goes a long way).  Mix again.  Spray 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray and then spread granola bar mix into pan evenly.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes for chewy and 20-25 minutes for chrunchy.  Sides will start to brown when it is done.  Let cool completely then cut into bars.  Wrap in wax paper.


I have a couple alterations I do - I don't use whole-wheat flour cause I don't have any, but I'm gonna pick me up some.  And I use just ground flax seed.  Also, I never remember the salt and I don't miss it.  For flavors, I don't measure it but I don't think I use 1/2 cup worth, especially when using more than one.  Robert's favorite is rasins by themselves, the kids love chocolate chip, I loved dried cherry/chocolate chip/almonds.  I made coconut-chocolate chip for the first time tonight; verdict - mmmm

Let me know if you try it and like it.

1 comment:

  1. I want the recipe for the BBQ Pork Fried Rice. It looks delish! Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a