Pages

21 July 2011

It rained and rained and rained and rained and...

200/365 - Death to the stuffed animal.  It was a dog toy so she isn't in trouble.  I just thought it was funny how she had tossed all the stuffing all over the place. Robert didn't though, he got rid of the toy after the second clean up of stuffing. 
200_365 07-18-11

201/365 - I made and canned spaghetti sauce. This is batch 1 of 2. I have to do it in batches because of the size of my stock pot. I got 20 quart jars of sauce plus a little bit more which we had for dinner (chicken Parmesan). For future reference, I need to save this kind of job/project for a weekend. It takes about an hour to make each batch and jar it up and then about another hour to hour and a half to process in the pressure canner, and I could only do up to 7 jars at a time so that took three batches. I was up until 12:30 and got up at 7 the next day. It was a little exhausting...

Tomato sauce, crushed, and paste.
Diced celery, carrots, onion, and garlic
Not pictured - the herbs (oregano, rosemary, thyme, sage, basil, marjoram) and sprinkle of sugar.201_365 07-19-11

202/365 - Leia meeting the neighbor dogs. Since they are walking buddies we thought it would be a good idea to get them introduced already and make sure they get along. They played so well together and wore Leia out very good.
202_365 07-20-11

203/365 - Adam and Carus returned today from Gramma and Grampa's house. Their camping trip got rained out. They went out Monday, set up camp and it started to rain and rain and rain and...well you get it. They got soaked, everything got soaked, even the tent filled with water in the night. Their clothes, sleeping bags, etc all were wet and they didn't sleep to well. Tuesday morning they packed up and headed home. They still stayed with the grands for the week, and did some fun things with them, just had a nice dry house to go back to at the end of the day. They even still got to go fishing, which is something Adam was the most excited about. He had a few nibbles, but didn't catch any fish and is excited to go try again. Carus brought home a crawdad in a plastic bag and then asked if she could keep it.
203_365 07-21-11

PS. Ignore the messy kitchen and the fact that my camera decided to focus on it instead of the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a