Pages

12 August 2011

It's that time again - Race For The Cure Portland 2011



Ask_people_2011_Race_banner.jpg 

Hello all,

It's that time again and I'm back to bug you a bit.  Carus and I will be walking the 5K in the 20th Annual Komen Portland Race for the Cure this September 18, 2011.  Adam doesn't want to participate this year, but it's okay, we will be joined by my mother-in-law, Barbara, and several friends and coworkers participating.  Please join us, we'd love to walk with you.  We are doing the un-timed 5K walk.

Whether or not you donate, please forward this email to your friends and family - how many people can we reach?

First some facts from Komen (edited by me) and a few from straight from me and then I'll find the links you'll need to give us some money to help in our efforts to find a cure for breast cancer.

The Facts:
  •  One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.  Think of the friends, aunts, neighbors, sisters, mothers and grandmothers in your life, easily eight women.  
  • My grandmother has had breast cancer, and thankfully has survived.
  • My cousin has breast cancer, and is still fighting.
  • One of the women Carus and I will be walking with this year battled breast cancer last year and is thankfully winning right now.  Her daughter will also be walking with us.
  • It's clear that Komen has made a difference in the last 20 years.  20 years ago, the five-year survival rate for breast cancer diagnosed at its earliest stage was 74%.  Now we celebrate that it is 98%.  But, until no one fears a diagnosis of breast cancer, we still have a lot of work to do.

Will you help me?  If you have only $5 to give, I will be as grateful as if you have $50 or $500.  The size of your contribution is not important, because every dollar adds up and makes a difference.

You can donate online by clicking the link below, or you can donate by mail (please indicate on behalf of "my name" in the memo line of your check), along with matching gift forms if your employer has a matching gift program, to:

Komen Portland Race for the Cure
Unit 15
PO Box 4500
Portland, OR  97208

The links:

MY donation page: Click here to visit my personal page.

Join our team, Providence Imaging for a Cure, I would love to walk with you!Click here to view the team page for Providence Imaging for a Cure

Carus's donation page:


Click here to visit my personal page.

Thank you for your time! Remember to please share this page.

Rebecca 

2009 Eblast Stationery Footer
F
ollow Komen Oregon on:
You Tube 40x40px button
2009 Eblast Stationery Footer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a