Pages

22 June 2013

Summer 7 Days!

7 Days has returned for the summer run.  If you haven't heard before, 7 Days is a Flickr group that, four times a year (spring, summer, fall, winter), takes self-portraits for seven days straight.  It's a lot of fun.

This is the week I've been looking forward to for months, especially the past few weeks where things have just been crazy and busy and nerve-racking.  I've been looking forward to it, not just because of 7 Days, but this week is also LeakyCon, which is in Portland this year.  Because of LeakyCon, I'll get to meet a couple online friends (fellow 7-Dayers).  I am working three days this week and then going on vacation until the second week of July.  And last, but surely not least, it's my birthday week.  I've never had a huge deal made of my birthday, but in my head the celebration is enormous.

But wait! They are having LeakyCon in Portland on my birthday week.  Can't get any bigger than that, can you?

Reading (Clockwork Angel). #7days #7days:1

(173/365) 7 Days, day 1  Reading Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Today, Adam had a few friends over for a gamer party and sleepover.  He and his friends play a game called Dragon Age that is along the same lines of D&D (Dungeons and Dragons) and video games.  The group started out at 7 and ended up at 4 (including Adam).  We went to the grocery store this morning to get some food for the party - veggies, watermelon, some soda, chips and salsa - and ordered some pizzas.  We know teenage boys can pack away the food and we wanted to be prepared.

We were.

To keep the boys from being annoyed by Carus the little sister, we sent her off to her friend's house for a sleepover.

Because of the sleepover, I got the kids and Robert to clean my house this week while I worked.  So yeah, this is totally a win. :)

(Carus is planning in participating in 7 Days, but as she's at her friends house tonight sharing it will have to wait until tomorrow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a