Pages

09 October 2009

Sounding out

Don't recognize a word while reading? Sound it out.

I tell the kids that all the time and while 99% of the time I can get away with that and they will be able to get the word, there are a few exceptions to the rule.

Via Adam:

Trebuchet said tre-but-chit

Arkansas said Are-kansas

And he still says Are-kansas! Most of the time on purpose to get a laugh, but every now and then, a complete slip.

And not from Adam, but love it still. It is how I prefer to pronounce it.

Jalapeno said ja-lop-a-no

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a