Pages

20 March 2012

73:366

Later in the afternoon on Monday we left Roswell to head down to Tularosa to see my other grandparents, Granny and Gramps, as well as some cousins I hadn't seen in like 16+ years.  We got to see cousin Emma, her husband Cody, and daughter Reese (who is so stinking cute), and Laura and her baby bump.

I love Granny and Gramps's house. Lots of really good memories there.
03-12-12 (25) copy

Tuesday we hung out, laughing and chatting and drawing with chalk. 

Look, I drew Ariel.  I'm pretty proud of her. I didn't think I would be able to draw it well enough.

03-13-12 (31) copy

One game we always played every time we went to Granny's as a kid was bubbles.  Does that count as a game, or is it just an activity?  Granny would give us flyswatters (most likely they were clean ones) and pie tin full of bubble soap, and we would dip the flyswatters into the soap and then spin in circles making bubbles.  Or having 'sword' fights/bubble fights. Or run with the bubbles blowing out behind us.  Fun. :)

So of course the kids had to do bubbles! Granny didn't have a lot of bubble soap at hand but after a quick google search on my phone (what did we do before smartphones!) I mixed up a batch of bubble soap. I just eyeballed things and tested the bubble ability by putting my hands in the mixture then blowing a bubble between my cupped hands. I estimate what I used was a gallon of water, 1/4 cup corn syrup, and 1 cup dish soap.  Granny had Ivory dish soap and it smelled lovely.  Just stir until the syrup is dissolved and voila! 
73_366 03-13-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a