Pages

24 November 2012

And then I fell off a horse

Robert and I ventured out on Black Friday for a little shopping around noon, well after the crazies cleared out a bit. We went after two things in particular, a good price on a gift for Adam, which we got, and half off on a fuzzy blanket from Target that I wanted, that I didn't get.

We then hung around and was being lazy when my friend called and asked if I wanted to go ride a horse - I did.  Carus and I took off for the barn with her, did a few chores and then we saddled up Starlet and I got on. I did a few laps around the arena with a lead on the horse, which we then removed so I could get a picture for my 366 and left it off.  (Geneva took the photo with my cell and I later processed it with Instagram.)

329_366 11-23-12

I did a few more laps without the lead.  I was just starting to pick up speed just a bit when Starlet stumbled, and then she sidestepped to correct her gait and I started to go over the side.  There was a moment when I really thought I was going to be able to stay on and then I lost it and just committed to the fall. Starlet's back is about 5 feet from the ground so I had some time for a few thoughts on my way down. First thought was, I hope this doesn't hurt as bad as I think it's going to.  Then, I noticed I had started to put my hand out to catch myself, like I usually do, and knew that would definitely break something so pulled it up and let my hip/butt/side area take the hit.

I then proceeded to scream out obscenities.  Or one obscenity. I was not eloquent.

After a few moments I was able to get up, though painfully, and calm down.  Geneva got me home, apologizing profusely and I showered and iced my side.

I am so very sore and stiff, sleeping last night was fitful, but I'm okay.  I haven't even bruised.  I don't know how I'm not black and blue because it feels bruised, as well as a few other things.

I do not blame Geneva or Starlet. Shit happens, and I'm not surprised when it happens to me because I'm a bit of a klutz.  I will get back on, just as soon as my butt/hip stops hurting like hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a