Pages

11 October 2012

Geneva cookies

Made some cookies on my lunch break today.  We call them Geneva cookies because the recipe came from my friend, Geneva.
285_366 10-10-12

Geneva's recipe came from her mom who would make them when she was growing up when the family was going camping or hiking. They're like energy bars/cookies and they're awesome.

Geneva cookies

1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
1-1/6 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp baking soda
3 eggs
1-1/2 cups peanut butter
4-1/2 cups oatmeal
3 oz chocolate chips
raisins (optional)

Mix together, adding the oatmeal last.  Scoop rounded spoonfuls onto baking sheet and flatten to 1/4 inch thickness. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.  Makes about 4-1/2 dozen cookies.

I usually have to add a bit more oatmeal (we have moist air) and never add the raisins (I have some picky eaters that don't like raisins, but I imagine it would be good).  And I don't flatten them being a bit of a lazy baker and they turn out fine for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a