Pages

20 October 2012

Date night

295:366

Movie date night. #latergram

The kids went to stay the night with the grands; Gramma came and picked them up this morning.  Robert and I were planning on a date day and night, the first we've had in far too long, and then Friday afternoon he found out he had to work today.

The alarm was set for 6:00 a.m. (extra special not cool on a Saturday morning) and he got up, stumbled around getting dressed and then checked his phone to see two text messages saying he isn't needed yet (yay) and they'll call when they're ready for him.  This information would have been helpful BEFORE 6:00 a.m. (Yawn)

I wasn't able to go back to sleep really, though I tried to do more then doze a little before finally giving up and getting up.    After Gramma came and went with the kiddos Robert and I sat down to watch one of our shows that records during the week, and he was called into work.  He went to work, saw snow on the side of the road by the way (the fuck?! too early for snow here, this winter is going to be cold) and I went grocery shopping (isn't that exciting?).

About halfway through my grocery shopping I started feeling really crummy.  My sinuses and lungs have been achy and burny (I know that's not a word, but it's the best description I can come up with).  I've been holding off a cold for about 2 weeks. I'll start feeling a bit blah, take some Emergen-C, drink some extra water, and try to go to bed earlier and the next morning, and for the next couple of days, I will feel fine...all to start back over again.

I've powered through, and we went to dinner and a movie (saw Taken 2; good, but we liked the first one better).  Now I have dosed myself up with some NyQuil and I'm off to bed.  Hopefully this will completely get rid of this crud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a