Pages

26 October 2012

Last football game

10/24/12 - Wednesday evening was Adam's last football game.  Even though it had been raining off and on all day when we got to the field for warm up it was not raining and I was hoping it would stay that way for the game.

It did not.  Just as the game was starting, it started pouring, and then hailing. I was very thankful the stands where under cover and felt bad for the boys playing in the yuck.

See the rain and hail coming down?  And all the hail on the ground?  Adam wasn't on the field for this picture.
10-24-12 (22)

Adam is #72.  Not sure what's going on here, I think Adam might have just been hit and spun around since he's facing the wrong direction.
10-24-12 (28)

299:366 - Adam is #72 going after #43.  #43 was a very good player that made a couple touchdowns and won the game for his team.  Adam didn't get him this play, but in the play after this he sacked the quarterback (before the QB could pass the ball off to 43).  I was too busy cheering to get a picture.
299_366 10-24-12

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
10/25/12  - Day 300!!

Thursday - Early in the day, while working, Leia gave me her biggest saddest puppy dog eyes.  She wanted to play, and I was ignoring her.  I would have much preferred playing over working too.

300_366 10-24-12

I made it almost to the end of my shift, and then when returning from a quick restroom break, I wiped out after tripping over the step into the kitchen and banged up my knee and my foot pretty good.  Because I'm talented.  I hobbled back to my desk to finish my final report and clock out and then hobbled off to the kids' schools for parent/teacher conferences.

Two things that made us laugh.
With Adam, when meeting his history teacher (who, by the way, just won Oregon's History Teacher of the Year award):
Teacher:  "Adam is awesome!"
Robert:  "He thinks so too."

And Adam is. He's doing well in school, his teachers love him, and he received praise for helping other students out when he gets his work done quickly.

Then, with Carus:
Apparently, Carus started the school year speaking in an English accent and had her teacher believing that was her accent.

Carus is also doing very well and has straight A's.

By the time we finally got home, my knee (actually just below my knee) and foot were throbbing and a little bit swollen.  I sat down and put my foot up, but couldn't put ice on it because I couldn't have anything touching it.

Which brings me to today - it still hurts. Just below my knee is a bruise and it's sore, but it's nowhere near as painful as my foot.  I can barely move it and cannot bear any weight on it.  But it is less tender to touch than last night and the swelling has gone down.  And there is no bruising so I'm pretty sure I didn't break it.  I don't think I'm ever going to break a bone, though not for the lack of "trying"*

And I'm phoning my photo in for the day again.

301:366
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur.  Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr  (Click here)
301_366 10-25-12

*I'm not actually trying, I'm just klutzy.  Or as a friend, Bethany, pointed out, I'm spatially challenged.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a