Pages

17 December 2010

8 days

8 days!!  Actually because I'm posting this late, we are closer to 7 days.

Until Christmas! WOOHOO!!

The kids started their Christmas breaks this afternoon. I think I'm more excited than them though.  And I don't get any time off...

* * * *

A few weeks ago I got all worked up and cranky about the thought of taking a family photo for our Christmas cards.  I just wanted to use the kids pictures because I'm not "pretty" enough to be in a picture.

With my kids. And my husband.
Yeah, I'm not proud. That is not the reaction I should have had. Boo me.

My family loves me for who I am, not what I look like, and my kids (and future grandkids) will enjoy looking back on photos.  I know I do.  I love seeing how my mom, dad, aunts, uncles, grandparents and great-grandparents (and more) looked growing up, young adults, young parents. Its the beauty of photographs - to be able to capture history, personal, family, and public histories. 
So, I've resolved that I will get over my 'fear' of being in front of the camera and start being in more photos.  I'm going to start with a Flickr group that does self portraits every day for 7 days.

I'm thinking I will share those photos here too....but we'll see....

1 comment:

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a