Pages

29 June 2012

June 29th

182:366
I am loving this series of books.  It's the Bloody Jack series by L.A. Meyer; this is book 8, The Wake of the Lorelei Lee.  I started this one last night and I'm speeding through it, already about halfway.  I recommend it if you like young adult adventure.
182_366 06-29-12 Becca 7Days 7

Carus 7days 7
06-29-12 Carus 7Days 7
Carus in her new hat and scarf.

Since I had an eye appointment in the vacinity of the mall this morning, we stopped there to Carus's delight where she promptly attempted to spend all of her monies on any and every thing pretty, frilly, sparkly, shoe-y, cute, and especially bow-y.  I was able to restrain her and we found some good deals.  She picked up two headbands with bows on them for buy one get one half off pricing.  And then 3 hats, one pair of footless tights, and a bottle of nail polish in a 5 for $10 deal. Finally, a blue scarf marked down to $5.

I then took the kids out to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, we had never been, which is where this picture was taken.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
June 29 
A picture is worth a thousand words - pick a photo, any photo, that you’ve taken, and describe what we’re seeing as if we don’t know you. What were you trying to take a picture of? How did you end up getting the picture? Did you use any editing effects on the picture? Why did you choose this perspective? etc. 
Kristen


I am losing steam on these blog prompts.

I take lots and lots of photos, for lots and lots of reasons; but my main reason is so I can remember something in particular, something about that point in my life or, more so, in my kids' lives.  And so I can remember them as they are now.  They grow up way too stinking fast and I need something to hang on to.

I'll use what ever camera I have, but I loved my Nikon D40 for 5+ years and now I am loving getting to know my 5100.  I use Photoshop Elements 8 when I edit my photos, if I edit them. I can be a bit lazy and sometimes straight out of the camera (SOOC) is fine by me!

So that is my approach - learn and learn at this hobby of mine, have some fun, and in the mean time, get some images so I can remember 'cause sometimes my memory isn't so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some LOVE!

PS: I'm turning comment moderation on. SO! If you leave a comment and it doesn't look like it showed up - it's because I have to approve it first. And I'll do that, usually pretty quickly.

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

background

a